Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

I went up to the moutain, because you told me to



http://www.aft.org/newspubs/news/2013/082313turner.cfm
I plan to honor Dr. Martin Luther King not just his holiday, but everyday,
I plan to honor Dr. King by rejecting the status quo,
I plan to honor Dr. King by being a radical for justice,
A radical for hope,
A radical for equality,
A radical against injustice,
A radical for peace,
A radical for love,

I plan to honor Dr. King by marching for children, teachers, and our public schools,
I plan to honor Dr. King by rejecting the reduction of children to data points,
I plan to honor Dr. King by continuing the war on poverty,
I plan to honor Dr. King by marching in Selma in March,
Marching to Hartford in April,
Marching in Washington DC in July,
I will honor Dr. King not by remembering him, but with radical actions against justice denied,
Ain't nobody gonna turner me around.
Still marching,
Jesse The Walking Man Turner


 If you want to know what the Walking Man listened to on his cold winter walk over the mountain. It was Patty Griffin's  honoring Dr. King with "I went up to the mountain." http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_961824&feature=iv&src_vid=WA6Q5-Ap3o8&v=F8ZC8VZLk54

No comments:

Post a Comment