Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Mr. President, I woke with my eye still on the prize you missed


Mr. President, I woke up this morning with my mind still set on equity in our public schools.
Testing children will not bring equity to our public schools.
Having them Race To The Top will not bring equity to our public schools,
Common Core State Standards will not bring equity to our public schools.
Closing poor schools will not bring equity to our public schools.
Putting our public schools up for sale to the highest bidder will not bring equity to our public schools.
Mr. President, I once though you might be the change that would bring equity to our public schools.
Mr. President, I woke today knowing you are not the president who will bring equity to our public schools.
Mr. President, I woke up today knowing I still need to keep on walking, keep on talking, and keep on marching for equity in our public schools.

Mr. President, see you in DC on July 28, 2014.
My eyes are still on the prize you let slip away,
Jesse The Walking Man
Listening to Roots Ain't nobody gonna turn me around Mr. President.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ6mhRZ8LjM

No comments:

Post a Comment