Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, July 20, 2015

Praise and blessings too all you beautiful hallelujahs








-->
Some of us look for a hero. Some of us spend a lifetime waiting for that hero. It's a worthy search, but it can leave us so very empty.
Are we not all the hero we have been waiting for our entire lives?
Do we not know what what we want our hero to stand for?
Do we not know who we want our hero to battle?
What if it's not one hero?
What if it's many?
What if it's you, me, and an army of others?
What if all we had to do, is stand up together?
In Dante's Inferno we find Dante Alihieri's words:
"And I — my head oppressed by horror — said:

"Master, what is it that I hear? Who are

those people so defeated by their pain?"

      And he to me: "This miserable way

is taken by the sorry souls of those

who lived without disgrace and without praise.

      They now commingle with the coward angels,

the company of those who were not rebels

nor faithful to their God, but stood apart.

      The heavens, that their beauty not be lessened,

have cast them out, nor will deep Hell receive them —

even the wicked cannot glory in them.”

 
There is no greater sin than to live a life of indifference, " a life without disgrace or praise. If our lives are consumed by Kim Kardasian(s) and ESPN while:
Hunger strives,
Poverty strives,
Injustice strives,
Disease strives,
While we live lives of silence and apathy then even Hell will not welcome us.

I am not one man walking who loves and feels empowered by my fellow brothers and sisters who understand there is not need to wait for we are the heroes we have waited for our entire lives.

Today I dedicate my steps in this walk to DC to
Every BAT,
Every Opt Out Parent,
Every SOSer,
Every student who Opts Out,
Every student who walks out,
Every rank and file union member who seeks social justice as well as a fair wage.
Ring every bell,
Tell it on every street corner,
Shout it from every mountaintop,
You are the one we have all been waiting for!

On this walk to DC I have found believers, fighters at every step who lives reject apathy and silence.
I did not find a single hero, but I have discovered an army of shepherds.
All armed with sling shots and with stones of David ready to defend our children, our teachers, and our public schools.

In other words I did not find my hero.
But I have found:
Our Hallelujahs,
Our inspiration,
Our hope for change living, walking and breathing in this world in you.
In you my brothers and sisters I find shepherds willing to resist the madness that reduces our children to data and profits.

So to the powerful, the wealthy, and the connected I say remember these 4 words written in the sciptures?

"Wo to the wicked"

Praise and blessings to all you beautiful hallelujahs,

Less than 30 miles to DC,

Jesse

If you like to know what this walking man is listening to on his walk to DC today....it's Barry Lane Hallalujah from the 2011 Save Our Schools March in DC..
https://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=aaplw&p=barry+lane+youtube+hallujah

No comments:

Post a Comment