Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, November 15, 2019

Hold On, Got my teacher eye on the prize Selma 2020





Hold on, Got my eye on the prize Selma 2020 


I was talking about going to Selma for the Jubilee in the coffee shop with an old friend.
She said what does going to Selma do exactly?
I said it puts my eyes on the prize,
It puts me right with my teaching soul.

She said, but what does it really change?
I said friend,
It changes me,
It lifts me,
It stirs my soul,
It sets me right,
It puts me in that place where righteousness marched,
It puts me on that sacred Edmund Pettus Bridge, and
That helps me hold on.

Hold on BATs,
Hold on Teachers,
Hold on Children,
Hold on Parents.

"Paul and Silas in jail
Had no money to go their bail
Keep your eyes on the prize
Hold on"

Billionaires sipping champagne in Mar-a-Lago,
Tech Billionaires seeking profit margins from the souls of children,
Policymakers can't stop saying yes to the test,
Legislators counting those campaign contributions falling from that Wall Street Education Reform Money Tree,
They'll run that School To Prison Pipeline until we stop them.

"Paul and Silas thought they was lost
Dungeon shook and the chains come off
Keep your eyes on the prize
Hold on."

You know me,
I'm the Walking Man,
Got my feet to the ground,
Got my heart set on ending that School To Prison Pipeline,
Hold on all you BATs,
Hold on sisters and brothers,
Hold on AFT,
Hold on NEA,
Got my eye on the prize.

Gonna fly that plane in March down to Selma,
Gonna put these feet a walking,
Hold on teachers,
Hold on children,
hold on parents.

Ain't no Billionaires gonna turn me around,
Ain't no Tech Billionaires gonna turn me around,
Wall Steet can't turn me around,
Ain't no in those Wall Street Pocket Legislators gonna turn me around.

"I got my hand on the gospel plow
Won't take nothing for my journey now
Keep your eyes on the prize
Hold on"

Got my eye on the prize,
Got my ticket,
Don't know where I'll sleep,
But I got two feet,
Got two good eyes
I see that prize.
Equity and justice for every child and every school in the land.

"The one thing we did was right
Was the day we started to fight
Keep your eyes on the prize
Hold on"

Hold on Children,
Hold on Teachers,
Hold on parents,
This Walking Man got two good feet made for marching,
Got his eye on the prize,
Hold on.

Hold on teachers,
Hold on children,
Hold on Parents,
These eyes on Selma 2020,
Jesse The Walking Man Turner


Just in case you like to listen to the song that inspire my walk over the Avon Mountain today...its Bruce Springsteen's cover of Got My Eye On The Prize https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBle58G0dsA


No comments:

Post a Comment