Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Three Hero Teachers who turned a homeless kid into Ph.D.

I am going to post three separate video Blog entries over the next three days. The video interviews are done by "The Brainwaves video anthology" they are produced and filmed by Bob Greenberg. He is this incredible human being, former teacher, and producer. He describes his anthology as  "Here you will meet the thinkers, dreamers, and innovators; some of the brightest minds in education. This series is meant to inspire and engage the viewer to dig deeper and learn more. In the words of Georges Melies, (The Invention of Hugo Cabret) "Now sit back, open your eyes and be prepared to dream."

The first one is "Teachers Make a difference"

Sometimes God sends you angels. You don't really know where they come from. I get an email, then a phone call from Robert Greenberg, he says do you know about the Brainwaves Video Anthology? I have no clue, but as we are talking I go online see interviews with Ken Burns, Noam Chomsky, Diane Ravitch, Nancy Carlson-Paige, Mark Naison, and dozens, no hundreds of voices that have inspired me, informed my thinking and lifted me up.

He said can I come to interview you? Now, I did wonder why me, but I know God sends these Angels. So I said yes...
I asked what do you want me to talk about? He said your activism, your teaching, and one teacher who inspired you...

Now, Robert, I know some people have one, they are blessed, people who have two are lucky, but sir I have three, and those three make me the most blessed teacher walking this earth.

Here is Robert's video of Jesse The Walking Man Turner talking about his three hero teachers.
Please follow the link? I promise you won't be sorry, especially if you are an educator. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz9G-QyMWks

Tell it on every mountaintop teachers saved my life,
Dr. Jesse P. Turner
Moral Monday CT Education Ambassador

No comments:

Post a Comment