Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

My public educator Pandemic Pledge





My public educator pledge

I have taught for so long, that I live and breathe teaching and learning. So forgive me if I struggle a bit, stumble around, and trying to find ways not to create greater distances, but new ways to use social media to cut the distances.
I shall teach,
I shall learn,
I shall listen,
I shall see,
I shall use my small teacher voice to call out.

I shall find new ways to say let us learn and grow together,
I shall give my all,
My best, and
Though I may stumble a bit,
I shall not fail our teachers and our children.

Teaching is not my job,
It is my vocation,
And my vocation still calls to me.

I will learn, grow, and teach my way forward through this pandemic,
For I am a public educator.

Dr. Jesse P. Turner Director
Central Connecticut State University Literacy Center
Moral Monday CT Education Ambassador
National committee of Uniting to Save Our Schools 


If you like to listen to the song that inspired my morning walk its "Teach your Children" cover of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young cover by Play For Change.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZIx55cFf-o 

I teach the best & the brightest teachers

I teach the most talented & giving of themselves teachers

I teach these most amazing teachers & they are my heart

I teach the most amazing children whose hearts are the biggest in the world

I will fight in and out of the classroom for our children, parents & teachers

No comments:

Post a Comment