Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Giving Tuesday: Do not say Grace without giving a little

 Please, Lord, don't move that mountain?


People call me Dr. Turner,
People think me proud,
People see me a strong:
Husband,.
Father,
Brother
Uncle,
Teacher.

But, there were mountains,
I say there were stronger times,
Times my dignity was tested,
Times strength failed me,
Times I was so far down,
That up was all I had.

I have been unemployed,
I have needed food stamps,
I have been evicted,
I have been down.

Never alone,
Never lost,
He gave me my mountain,
On my knees,
I could see it clearly,
I could put one foot in front of the other,
I could climb.

For my sisters and brothers struggling, may the Lord not move your mountain.
May you find love,
May you find joy,
May you find love,
May peace find you,
May you know hope.
May the Lord raise you up.

For you are our sister and brother,
For you worthy,
For you are loved.
Come, let us climb together.

Give as generously as you can to the poor, the widow, the orphan, and the sick this Thanksgiving. You don't need me to tell me where to give. You have a million places to give this giving Tuesday. Just give a little of what you can, for we are not a people divided, but a people united by love.

Do not say grace this Thursday without giving,
Dr. Jesse P. Turner
Uniting to Save Our School If you like to listen to the tune that inspired my morning walk, it's Etta James "don't move that mountain" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHV8dgmHnVU&ab_channel=RPOthers&fbclid=IwAR2-jGSIXNyEWfkd3QJh0RhI9oK3SXBxdKwHQmDCJHk0vgLFe0jbIRH9UMw

No comments:

Post a Comment