Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, December 9, 2013

Tell it on every moutain top: The Walking Man is going to Selma


 I have always loved that George Bernard Shaw quote: “You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?” I have always lived by it, and decided long ago that silence and apathy are not acceptable. I have always loved that George Bernard Shaw quote: “You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?” I have always lived by it, and decided long ago that silence and apathy are not acceptable.


I have always loved that George Bernard Shaw quote: “You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?” I have always lived by it, and decided long ago that silence and apathy are not acceptable. 


In 2001 America allocated 1.2 trillion dollars to No Child Left Behind. All but a handful of legislators in both parties opposed it's passage. It promised every child would be reading, writing, and doing math procinetly at grade level by 2013.
The promise is broken, it's has done more harm than good, it has demoralized children, parents, teachers, and undermined our public school system in America. I charge the United States Department of Education with the failure to serve our children, our parents, our teachers, and our public schools. NCLB legislation runs out on December 31, 2013, we must not let them renew this legislation, this madenss that reduces our children to test scores.
During NCLB the economic gap between our schools has grown. NCLB policies have done little or nothing to improve school equity in America. The challenge to make America first in inequity of course mark appears more and more to be the bottom line of school reform in America. I quote
Andreas Schleicher, (PISA assessments person), said "The bottom line is that the vast majority of OECD countries either invest equally into every student or disproportionately more into disadvantaged students. The U.S. is one of the few countries doing the opposite."

From my view NCLB Education reforms, are an attack upon our poor, our working class, their children, their teachers, and their local schools.
Can't wait to occupy Arne Duncan's house of shame and pain DC this July with those BATS,
Jesse The Walking Man Jesse


Agreat new Blog to follow is Jan Resssger's : http://janresseger.wordpress.com/2013/12/09/school-funding-litigation-seems-endless-but-proves-essential/


In the meantine if you like to know the song that I listended to on my walk this morning it's: Leela James singing that old Sam Cook song "A change is gonna come" 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dtwpdgIUiQ

No comments:

Post a Comment