Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 4, 2019

April 4, 2019, All I have is this hope for redemption



It's not victory we seek, it's redemption.
April 4, 1968 to April 4, 2019, 51 years since hate took the life of Dr. King on this dark day.

I am trying so hard to be the kind of man Dr. King would approve of. I hear you Martin "Hate is too great a burden to bear." But, Hate has shown it's face at our places of worship, schools, communities, and even at our venues of entrainment.
Bob Marley sang 'How long shall they kill our prophets...While we stand aside and look?"
Now hate has come for our children, our quiet faithful prayers, and our family members seeking some enjoyment through music and dance.
My heart is heavy today, not light, my never give up attitude takes a dent every April 4th.

Even if the President of the United States of America can't see hate RISING...
God sees all, and everything in my heart is telling me God is not liking the hate he sees rising in America.
Our President is not the only denier.

Was not old Pharaoh a denier?
Was not old King Herod a denier?
Was not old Jeff Davis a denier?
Were not those Sunday School bombers deniers?
Was not Governor Wallace a denier?
Were not those Hijackers who flew planes into those towers deniers?
Are not every single one of these Mass shooters deniers?
Are not these hate deniers, people not capable of redemption?
Redemption cannot live in the heart of hate, it requires at the very least a heart full of love.

So, it's not victory I seek,
There can be no victory that heals this kind of pain.
As Nelba Marquez Green wrote on that White 8 by 11 paper at her beautiful daughter's Ana Grace's service telling us... LOVE WINS!

I know redemption, because I have see it on Ana's mother's face.
I can talk to it,
Walk with it,
shake hands with it.
But, I have yet to earn it.

Dear Lord, give that old time Redemption,
Redemption like that old Slave Ship Captain John Newton.
The captain who became Rev Newton,
The captain who found Grace on his knees in the storm.
That captain who never sailed again.
That captain gave us that hymm that promises us redemption through Grace.
It's that amazing grace I seek.
Come seek it with me,
I promise you, the seeking eases every storm.

I go to Hartford, not for victory,
Victory was something I found on the playing fields in my younger days.
It fleeting at best, and if you play hard enough you learn its the defeats that make the player.
I don't need victory.

I want something more meaningful,
More lasting,
More moving.
I am seeking redemption.
Today, is just one more small step to a redemption.
That redemption reserved for the saints.
I know Dr. Martin Luther Found it.

I want a redemption,
I know I am not any kind of worthy of,
But if it finds me...
Although, not worthy, I will sing it until the end of my days.
Let me shout it out..
It's redemption I seek.

What victory could there be? Victory will not bring back the heroes and innocents we lost to hate.
What vengeance could bring them back?

No, I am going to Hartford to be with Dr. Marin Later King's Redemption People.

Bob Marley said it all;
'But, my hand was made strong
By the hand of the Almighty
We forward in this generation
Triumphantly
Won't you help to sing
These songs of freedom?
'Cause all I ever have
Redemption songs
Redemption songs"

Here is my 2 and half minute movie redemption seeker reflection on going to Hartford.

Moral Monday CT Education Ambassador
CSU-AAUP State Due Justice Liaison
Granson of Jesse S. Turner,
Husband of Carolyn Turner
Father of Erin Turner
Teacher of teachers,
Just another one of Dr. King's redemption seekers.
Dr. Jesse P. Turner

If you like to hear the tune that inspired my walk this morning....it's Bob Marley's Redemption Song

 

No comments:

Post a Comment