Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Imagine A Living Dr. King


There will be days like this....
I'm not sure how to deal with 51 years of a world, without a living Dr. King.
It's good to be teaching tonight at the CCSU Literacy Center. Doing some small good for children and teachers.
It's good to be thinking about being at the capital on Thursday to remember April 4, 1968, and reflecting on how to honor Dr. King on April 4, 2019.
Oh, but, how I wish, I was standing with a living Dr. King instead.


Just the thought of that chills my bones.
Just the thought moves me.
Just the thought propels me to do more.
Just the thought of standing with a living Dr. King, gives me all I need to stand on Moral Ground.
Just the thought!

My determination is strong,
My motivation is honorable,
My stance is moral,
But, I still have this hole in my soul for that living Dr. King.

Imagine Dr. Martin Luther King, calling out this hater in the White House?
He wouldn't need any tweets to call that hater out,
Cause we, all know he would be banging at the doors of that White house built by slave hands.
Imagine Dr. King ,calling both political parties out for giving tax breaks to billionaires and millionaires while cutting funding for the poor?
Imagine Dr. King, calling out these political leaders who can give billions for new war machines, While cutting funding to our public schools?
Imagine Dr. King, calling out these GOP Voter Suppressors?
Imagine Dr. King, calling us all to the border to defend children in cages?
Imagine standing with a living Dr. King.?
Standing against an America that gives much to the wealthy, the powerful, and the connected, While it tells the poor to go hold a bake sale?
Imagine a Living Dr. King standing with labor, for health care for all?
Imagine what a living Dr. King calling us to to justice?
Imagine a living Dr. King linking arms with "Black Lives Matter" activists?
Imagine a living Dr. King?


Yes, there will be days like this,
On days like this,
I have a living Dr. King in my heart,
My heart, shall make these days, my best days,
Days I shall remember and honor Dr. King through my actions.

There will be days like these,
Moral Monday Connecticut Education Ambassador
Dr. Jesse P. Turner

"When it's not always raining there'll be days like this
When there's no one complaining there'll be days like this
When everything falls into place like the flick of a switch
Well my mama told me there'll be days like this."

If you like to listen to the tune that inspired my walk over the Avon Mountain this morning...its Play for Change cover of "There Will Be Days Like This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxr4GCjqk6s




No comments:

Post a Comment