Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Justice is never given, it is a call to duty

Benjamin Disraeli said "Justice is truth in action."

Justice calls the just to:
Turn up,
Speak up,
Walk up,
Call up,
Against inequity and injustice in our public schools.
I am going back to DC on July 8 for the Peoples March for Public Education and Social Justice.

I am not some fortunate son,
I was not born with a silver spoon,
I did not attend elite private schools, or universities.
I started working as a delivery boy at the age of ten, and never looked back at idleness,
My name is unimportant,
Any academic titles I have are unimportant,
I do not dine with presidents, Governors, CEOs, Senators, or members of Congress,
I have lobbied legislators for public education and justice for as long as I can remember,
I have no power,
No wealth, or
No influence.
I do have two feet, and a heart for justice.
You might say my feet is my courage.

I know injustice and inequity,
I see them working their dark magic to crush the hope and dreams of our children in our public schools.
Justice calls me to speak up, stand up, and march.
See me marching in DC at the Lincoln Memorial at the Peoples March for Public Education and Social Justice.
Justice is calling all good people to march.
Justice compels us to stand up,
Justice is never given, it is a call to duty.

Someday our children will grow up, and when they ask why were so many silent?
I plan to say I am one of many who were not.
I know why the cage bird sings,
I know justice is a duty, and my feet are already marching.
Please answer the call to duty.
Please consider marching with me in DC on July 8,
Jesse The Walking Man Turner


If you like to know what this walking man listened to on his walk this morning over the moutain...it's "We Are EveryWhere" by David Rovics. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8j8BmgeYLA&list=PL2C432A5F4D4AD2DC&index=1

No comments:

Post a Comment