Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, September 18, 2017

I am the Small Axe


I have been fighting for children, parents, teachers, and our public schools for decades. Inequity and injustice is occupying our public school system. What choice do I have, but to fight it? 
Occasionally a colleague will ask do you ever get tired?
My reply is some people think victory is one big thing, one rally, one march, one explosive moment of truth smashing down. That's not the way I see victory. 
I see victory like Bob Marley's song "Small AXE"
"Why boasteth thyself
Oh, evil men
Playing smart
And not being clever? Oh no
I said, you're working iniquity
To achieve vanity, yeah (if a-so a-so)
But the goodness of Jah, Jah
I-dureth forever
If you are the big tree
We are the small axe
Sharpened to cut you down (well sharp)
Ready to cut you down"
Victory is not one mighty swift cut,
Victory is a thousand sharp cuts come to take you down. 
So tired no, 
Disappointed no,
Sad no,
I am the patient lion on your trail,
I am the happy warrior who understands victory is coming,
For, I am the small axe come to cut injustice down,
Jesse The Walking Man Turner


" If you are the big tree
We are the small axe
Sharpened to cut you down
Ready to cut you down"


I bet you already know what tune this Walking Man listened to no his walk today...Bob Marley's "Small Axe"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia6Tvpj6dPw


2 comments:

  1. Victory is not one mighty swift cut,
    Victory is a thousand sharp cuts come to take you down

    ReplyDelete