Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Rosa Parks second refusal inspries me to walk again


Below is a link to a story from my 2010 walk. The song remains the same...I reject the notion that testing and standards are replacements for equity in our public schools. 

http://hudsonreporter.com/view/full_story/9304637/article-Walking-the-walk-Jersey-City-native-treks-from-Connecticut-to-DC-to-raise-awareness-of-education-crisis-?instance=search_results



-->
Rosa Parks in her autobiography we find Rosa had a prior encounter with James Blake, the bus driver who demanded she vacate her seat.
In 1943, Blake had ejected Parks from his bus after she refused to re-enter the vehicle through the back door after paying her fare at the front. She wrote “I never wanted to be on that man’s bus again,” in her autobiography, but Rosa got back on James Blake's bus in 1955, and he had her arrested, but her act of civic disobedience launch the movement that changed America. With Rosa's spirit I am putting these walking shoes back on. Rosa inspires me, drives, me, and lifts me up. This story is from my 2010 walk. Trust me in 2015 this second walk is going to crash through those Ed Deformer walls. Can't wait until June
One man walking to DC in the name of love,
Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment