Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, October 16, 2015

Evaluate that!

Billionaires and hedge fund managers want to evaluate teachers, label teachers, rate teachers by the test scores of their students. These number crunches lack any sense of humanity.
Victor Hugo said "“To love another person is to see the face of God.”
I was a child whose father ran out, who was homeless once, and every statistic pointed to a dark future, but like that rose that grows in between the cracks I found my way to the sun. I am not special, just one of the lucky ones blessed by the helping hands of teachers, the clergy, great friends, and good neighbors who watered, fed, and nourished a soul lost in the dark. In other words, I am blessed by the people in my life.
Well those people blessing my life still feed this soul, this heart, and this walking man.
Some men crave fame, fortune, and power. I crave the the joy of giving and sharing. The best part of my teaching day is giving out cheap 10 cent plastic gold medals to children who never ever give up. I may not have the ear of the powerful, the connected, or the wealthy, but I know how to water those beautiful roses growing between the cracks. Evaluate That!
I see the face of God in the faces I meet,
Jesse The Walking Man Turner

If you want to know what the walking Man is listening to this morning? It Ben E. King's "There Is A Rose That Grows In Spanish Harlem" > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOoutJtMCi8 <
 

No comments:

Post a Comment