Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Hear's to every Women. You are all Phenomenal Woman!


Happy International Women's Day World.

All our teachers at our Literacy Center are women this semester. For the past 20-years female teachers have made up 99% of the teachers who have taught in our center. They have delivered millions of dollars of free tutoring to children who struggle with reading during that time.
It is simple without women our Central Connecticut State University Literacy Center would not exist. Tonight at our Literacy Center we are going to walk out to emphasize what a day without women looks like. Then turn around, and walk back in for a Women's History Teach-In. Here is to all you beautiful Phenomenal woman.

Phenomenal Woman: By Maya Angelou

“Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I’m not cute or built to suit a fashion model’s size  
But when I start to tell them,
They think I’m telling lies.
I say,
It’s in the reach of my arms,
The span of my hips,  
The stride of my step,  
The curl of my lips.  
I’m a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,  
That’s me.

I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please,  
And to a man,
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees.  
Then they swarm around me,
A hive of honey bees.  
I say,
It’s the fire in my eyes,  
And the flash of my teeth,  
The swing in my waist,  
And the joy in my feet.  
I’m a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That’s me.

Men themselves have wondered  
What they see in me.
They try so much
But they can’t touch
My inner mystery.
When I try to show them,  
They say they still can’t see.  
I say,
It’s in the arch of my back,  
The sun of my smile,
The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style.
I’m a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That’s me.

Now you understand
Just why my head’s not bowed.  
I don’t shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.  
When you see me passing,
It ought to make you proud.
I say,
It’s in the click of my heels,  
The bend of my hair,  
the palm of my hand,  
The need for my care.  
’Cause I’m a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That’s me.”

If you want to find this Walking Man Today just look for the guy wearing his pink hat and Women's Day Shirt all day long? If you want to listen to the tune I listened to this morning on my walk it's "I Can't Keep Quiet" by MILCK at the 2017 Women's March.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_DvGP6Y4jQ

No comments:

Post a Comment