Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Mr. President, this is what dignity looks like


 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said: ""Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness."

To the rioters and haters who assaulted our nation's capital 3 days ago. I know something about Marches on Washinton.

This is what dignity looks like,
This is what a respectful march on our Nation's Capital looks like,
This is what Civil Disobedience in action looks like,
This how hope lifts democracy.

My Grandfather was 68 in 63,
At 68, he took his namesake 8-year-old grandson to this;
Dignified,
Respectful,
Hopeful,
Uplighting
March.

I am the grandson whose World War 1 Veteran Grandfather made sure his grandson would walk in the light of creative altruism. I went up to the mountain, Because you asked me,
Dr. Jesse P. Turner
Uniting to Save Our Schools National Committee If you are wondering what song I am listening to today? It is Patty Griffin singing " I went up to the mountain" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA6Q5-Ap3o8&ab_channel=gcbfolk

No comments:

Post a Comment