Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

BADASS TEACHER ALERT: CT Professor Labor DAY Walk for School Equity

 



BADASS TEACHER ALERT!
I was raised out of steel here in the swamps of Jersey, some misty years ago
Through the mud and the beer, and the blood and the cheers, I've seen champions come and go
A week to for year 25, 50 semesters of speaking truth to power in my classroom and outside as well. At 67, I feel like 27, and like Ali still standing in the 15th round, still got plenty of fight to go.
Just in case you missed it, I'm Jersey Born, and I ain't no wrecking ball going to put me down.
"So if you got the guts mister, yeah, if you got the balls
If you think it's your time, then step to the line, and bring on your wrecking ball
Bring on your wrecking ball
Bring on your wrecking ball
Come on and take your best shot, let me see what you got
Bring on your wrecking ball
Now my home's here in these meadowlands where mosquitoes grow big as airplanes
Here where the blood is spilled, the arena's filled, and giants played their games
So raise up your glasses and let me hear your voices call"
I'm Jersey born, a Ferris Bulldog, and ain't no Ed Reform scammers going to knock me down.
You see I have the years, I could step down, but Damn I do love a good fight. I feel another Equity Walk growing in these bones, 12 miles from CCSU to the Capital. It is going to be a LABOR DAY event. I won't be going to the beach, I won't be dinning out, I be Like Martin Luther with his 95 Theses.
I am going to hang a 95 Theses for Equity 4 All on that Supreme Court of shame that ruled in 2018 that Connecticut is not responsible for an equal and high quality education for all...
I need walkers to join me,
I am calling out to every CT BADASS Teacher to meet me at the capital,
Call your union leaders,
Call our Civil Rights Leaders,
Call our Parents and children denied an equitable and fair public education.
Dr. Jesse P. Turner is Jesse The Walking Man.
Did those justices, ed reform scammers, really believe we would go quietly into that good night?
Bring on your Wrecking ball,
Jesse P. Turner


If you like to listen to the tune that inspired my morning walk, it Bruce Springteen's Wrecking Ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment