Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

All Of Me, 4 All of You: Summer Vacation canceled




Summer Vacation is Canceled.

I will not be fishing, kayaking, hiking those beautiful New Hampshire mountains this summer. My moment of honesty on this May 13, 2020 pandemic day of reasoning. No one goes back to physical classrooms in the Fall.

Why?
 
It will not be because opening our public schools cannot be done safely. We could open them in a that "Can Do" America" of the past. He is about making America Great for some, not all.  It all costs money and would mean asking America's wealthy to help pay for it. This President gave trillions of dollars in tax breaks to billionaires and millionaires. He lacks the courage to take them back.
He lacks the heart and the will to make returning to school work safely. He is Wall Street's President, not the peoples.

He won't do it.

We will need hundreds of thousands of new teachers and teacher aides to reduce class sizes, to staggering schooling, and over 50 million gloves and masks a day. We need double or triple the custodial staff, nursing centers in our schools ready, and able to test staff and students. Now some countries are already working on these things, but not Wall Street President. He lacks the courage, the conviction, the will, and the heart to make it work.

Where is his heart?
Follow his tax breaks, and gifts to the 1%.  
Making it work begins with taking back that trillion and half dollar tax cuts this White House gave to Billionaires.

Their solution.
Senator Rand Paul said: "Dr. Fauci, I don't think you're the end-all," Paul said, adding, "We can listen to your advice, but there are people on the other side saying there's not going to be a surge." My translation of Senator Paul, "There Will be Blood." GOP Leadership thinking our children attend elite private schools with large classrooms and small class sizes, social distancing is no problem for our children. As for the rest of America, trust us, there will be surge. Remember, we are the White House and the GOP who said the virus would go away like the Flu. It was a hoax.
In other words, there will be blood, but not our blood.

What am I going to do?
I can't fix Washington DC.
But, neither am I helpless,
I am a teacher,
Who modes future generations.

I am stepping up.
I am going to step up this remote learning game, spend a thousand hours, ensuring that our Literacy Center is an exceptional online experience. It won't be the same, but it won't be rushed, I will pull this brain apart finding ways to bring as much love, humanity, empathy, and community building into our Literacy Center. My heart will break some, but it will not break.

We shall return one day. One day when we return, and we will return.
It will be a smooth welcoming home.
There will be one massive reopening, and hearts will begin healing.
As America's Greatest Generation did their part,
This generation shall do their part, and
We shall come to know the new Greatest Generation.

Come this Fall.If you ask Dr. Turner what he did this summer?
I will reply spent my summer vacation working to make the best possible learning community for our teachers and children.
Trust me it may not be perfect,
It will not be the same,
But, it will not be some tin can cheesy.

This summer begins the work.
It has already begun,
It will be the best I can give,
It will be all of me.


I shall do this work with empathy, hope, and all the love my Teaching Heart has to give.
I shall not disappoint my CCSU Literacy Center teachers and children,
All of me loves all of our Public School teachers and our children.

All of me, for all of you,
 Dr. Jesse P. Turner CCSU Literacy Director,

Moral Monday CT Education Ambassador

If you are wondering what did this Walking Man listen to on his walk this morning? Its john Legend's "All of Me"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73_DOquGBD4 







No comments:

Post a Comment