Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

JHAPPY Saint Patrick’s Day everyone!

Hello Fellow bloggers, (I still can't believe I am blogging-I am such a paper and pen kind of person) I'm not certain if you can see my "I am walking to DC....Because someone has to tell children are more than a test score coffee cup. Feels cool, and holds the coffee well, and it brings instant smiles to both parents and teachers.

Another 5.5 miles’ day remember Jesse is on a mission to walk to DC here.
Sadly last night the Hartford Board of Education voted 5-4 to change their contract of district seniority. Good luck with that in the courts! The mayor appoints a majority of the board-so while he may have won last night’s vote his super majority is slipping. I wonder if this has anything to the two indictments against him, and his coming trail for corruption in Hartford.  My payers are with the Hartford AFT teachers and those parents being split apart while schools and children are suffering.

How many steps are in a mile? What is that you say magic voice "2000 steps". How far is 10,000 steps anyway Magic voice? The average person's stride length is approximately 2.5 feet long. That means it takes just over 2,000 steps to walk one mile, and 10,000 steps is close to 5 miles. That is a mere 800,000 steps for me to DC. No Problem Man, as my Jamaican brothers and sisters love to say. Why I am already at 11,000 steps a day, and I add another 2000 steps a month. No problem Man!

I just finished another “11,000 steps” day. I am looking forward to my coming “20,000 steps” days this summer.
I am walking to DC,
Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment