Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Standing in the shadows of love with my Opt Out brothers & sisters


My thinking "Every Child Succeeds Act"
First, the very fact that they are refusing to call it by its original name the "Elementary Secondary Education Act" sends a message. Not too far off "No Child left "Behind' and Race To The Top". The message in my view the "Slogan" mentality remains the same in DC.
Second, keeping annual testing in grades 3-8 and once in high school is the main accountability focus. They are merely shifting the hammer from the Feds to states. This is not a victory for children, parents, teachers, and local public schools.
Third, Pay For Success is not a victory for special needs children, but a roadblock to services in my humble opinion.
I still stand with my Opt Out brothers and sisters in saying there is no compromising on our children, our teachers, and our public schools.
Not ready to play nice,
Jesse The Walking Man Turner

If you want to know what this Walking Man was listening to today....it's the Four Tops 'Standing In The Shadows Of Love" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhtzMwA5gJI

No comments:

Post a Comment