Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

There is a time for everything. This is the time to march!



Barry Lane interviewed a few years back at the New England Reading Assocaition Conference in Massachusetts for a movie he is working on called "Why Do Schools Matter" Barry asked me does poverty matter. This is the link to that interview. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71O0ChPFzAI
Why poverty Matters, and why marching to end poverty matters
When my neighbors and colleagues say Jesse why are you always marching?
I say 1.2 trillion dollars for NCLB the most massive education reform policy in the history of American Public Education.
Why aren't you marching with me?
Next I say 49 states spend more money on their wealthy schools than their poor schools.
Why aren't you marching with me?
Then I say, after 15 years of NCLB/RTTT Test and Punish policies our 12th graders are now scoring lower on reading than they did in 1988. So what did our politicians do? They gave us ESSA. It does more of the same, but puts governors in charge. You know those 49 governors who spend more on their wealthy schools than their poor schools.
Why are aren't you marching with me?
Finally I say for the first time in 50 years 50% of our American children coming to public schools are living in poverty. Poverty matters.
Why aren't you marching with me?
There is a time for everything.
This is the time march.
When Walking Man July 8, 2016.
Where Walking Man the Lincoln Memorial in DC.
What time Walking Man is 12 noon.
Who is marching Walking Man all those with love in their hearts for our children, teachers and public schools.
How can I find out about the march Walking Man
http://saveourschoolsmarch.org/2016/03/sos-coalition-event-lincoln-memorial/
Come march with us,
Jesse The Walking Man Turner
Want to listen to the tune this Walking Man is listening to today....its Poor Righteous Teachers "Rock dis funky joint" . > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R70cfZM0t0w

No comments:

Post a Comment