Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2018

The difference between President Tump and a simple teacher



Dear Mr. President, did you really believe that America would be indifferent to your policy of breaking apart families, detaining children, having children appear alone before immigration judges?  

Perhaps "Night" wasn't on your library list? 
Perhaps you never read Elie Wiesel's words on indifference?  
Let me remind you...Elie said: "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of beauty is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, but indifference between life and death."
Perhaps you fell asleep during the history lesson on Emma Larazus's poem "The New Colossus"?
" Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
Perhaps you fell slept through every civic lesson?
Well, while you slept I held on to every word, and while you glorify yourself, and turn immigrants into infestations...I am holding Emma's lamp high...saying:
"“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!” 
The difference between us?
You forgot your history lessons,
I remember every single one,
Jesse The Walking Man Turner
I am an Immigrant 

If you like to hear the song this walking man listened to on his walk over the Avon Mountain this before, before he join the Abolish ICE Action @ 9:AM on Main Street in Hartford Connecticut...it's "Deportee" by Arlo Guthrie 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2eO65BqxBE


No comments:

Post a Comment