Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, June 24, 2016

If you want to know where Walking Man I'll be 7/8




f you want to know where I'll be standing on July 8, 2016?
I will be standing shoulder to shoulder with the Just at the Lincoln Memorial,
Standing tall with my Just brothers and sisters.
I will be standing with my America's men and women of justice, because Cesar Chavez my labor hero and my courage called me to Manhood long, long ago. He said "I am convinced that the truest act of courage, the strongest act of manliness, is to sacrifice ourselves for others in a totally nonviolent struggle for justice. To be a man is to suffer for others. God help us to be men!"
You don't need to ask me if I'm tired of marching,
You don't have to ask if I'll be too tired to walk,
You don't have to ask if the DC summer heat will stop me,
You don't need to ask if the 8-hour ride will exhaust me,
You don't need to wonder if my feet won't march,
You don't need to ask me if I am too busy to rally,
You don't need if I can't learn from my fellow marchers,
You don't need to ask if my heart is in it,
You only need to know Justice is calling us to be men and women of justice,
Silence and apathy of the masses cannot keep me away.
I am calling out every Just teacher, every Just student, and Just parent within driving distance to stand with the just in DC on July 8, 2016.
There is no need to ask whose side I am on,
You don't have to ask what if no one shows up,
Did you need to ask Rosa Parks what if no one cared,
Did you need to ask if Martin minded being alone in that Birmingham cell?
All you need to know is one man walking in the name of love for public education and social justice matters to his heroes.
All I need to know is my feet will carry me on the wings of justice at the Peoples March for Public education and Social Justice.
The only thing I am wondering is where will you be?
Jesse The Walking Man Jesse Turner

If you are wondering what this walking is listening to right now it's Andra Day version of "Rise Up"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApSX-adHnB0


No comments:

Post a Comment